And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Oh, joy! Weather!

Today is one of the biggest thunderstorms I've ever seen. And that's not even the hurricane, which is due on Thursday morning. We (Katie, Ian, and I) went out to see a cabinetmaker today, but he wasn't there, and we got soaked crossing the "parking lot" (read: river with gravel under it) to get to the "showroom" (read: auxiliary to giant shed with cabinet doors in it and samples of countertops). Ian loved it in his giant new tennis shoes; Katie and I were a little less happy, she in her flipflops (I warned her) and me in flats (I should have known better).

Anyway, now it's thundering like mad, and it's just started pouring rain, and I still want to get out of here and do some running around. Guess I'll have to break down and wear a -- shudder! raincoat.

People keep telling Katie to be careful walking around with an umbrella when it's lightning. Is this really a problem when you're 42 inches tall?

Can't wait to see what Tropical Storm Bonnie has in store for us...