And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Ian Has a Joke

In addition to being a smart aleck, Ian is on his way to being a comedian. He still has very few things that I would call actual words, but he's using them in sentences, with one of his first sentences being (of course) "I-na nuh," or "I wanna nurse." This is often said in a pleading tone after he climbs up on my lap, and is frequently accompanied with a soft patting on my chest.

A couple of days ago, he climbed into Dave's lap, patted his chest, and said "I-na nuh." "You want to nurse?" Dave replied. "You can't nurse from Daddy." Hysterical laughter from Ian. And again, "I-na nuh." Dave responded similarly; hysterical laughter again.

Since then, Ian's done this routine a couple of times a day, and he cracks himself up. Baby humor -- gotta love it.