And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Monday, September 13, 2004

I'm the Mommy

I'm struggling valiantly to resist the urge to blog about how I begged Dave to let me "sleep in" (i.e., from 6:19 to 6:53) this morning since I'd been up with a sick baby a couple of times in the middle of the night, and how this morning I got a sheepish call from him telling me that, although he'd remembered all four snacks/lunch side dishes (which were specifically identified for him, meaning he didn't have to stare at the cupboards and guess what the child would want to eat for lunch, my favorite part of lunch packing), he forgot to pack the actual sandwich. To give him credit, there was a halfhearted "Should I come back home and get it now?" before I reassured him that I would take the sandwich to Katie sometime this morning.

Hmm. Seem to have lost the struggle.