And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Parents of the YEARRRRR!

...to borrow a phrase from my virtual writer-friend, Lani.

We just realized, as we were putting the kids to bed, that tomorrow is Easter. Whoops! No baskets set out (by kids -- we'll take care of them tonight), no anticipation, and worst of all, WE FORGOT TO DYE EASTER EGGS!!!

I feel awful. It's true that I've been frantic doing taxes and bills and trying to squeeze actual work in around helping Katie with a cross-stitch project (and rethreading the needle literally every 3 minutes, but she did finish it in two days and she's oh, so proud of herself). I mean, really, what's next, forgetting Christmas? We will go ahead and dye them tomorrow (I have the eggs and everything), but I guess ol' E.B. won't be hiding real eggs this year. Probably for the best, given the state of absentmindedness around here, but geesh! What horrible parents we are! Maybe we *do* need to start going to church, if only to get the holidays cemented properly in our heads!

I even had to send Dave -- at 8:15 p.m. -- to the grocery store for the ham and asparagus for dinner tomorrow. Aiyiyi!