And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Random Bloggage

I'm distracted today. Can't concentrate on much. Dave's running around being Mr. Efficient Packer the last couple of days, and I'm lucky to get three boxes from the pantry done. Yesterday I blamed it on recovering from mowing the lawn without having taken my allergy medicine, but I don't know what to blame it on today.

I took my car in to get its oil changed (only 1,500 or so miles overdue) and to get inspected, having realized yesterday that, oops, my inspection sticker expired on the 9th. Well, Jiffy Lube doesn't do inspections, I found out, but that's where my coupon for the oil change was, so I went there anyway, and figured I'd go elsewhere afterward. However, I ended up walking home from JL -- the guys there broke my car. Something was screwed on too tightly and they snapped it -- I don't quite follow what happened. The upshot was they were going to have to have it towed to a mechanic to fix it, and I'll get the car back tomorrow. The guy was exceedingly apologetic -- I think he kept expecting me to light into him and cuss him out -- but it was really no big deal today. Dave's not working, so we've got both cars around, and there's no place I really have to be by myself. So, c'est la vie. He gets a pass from the customer from hell this time.

In other news, I found out my brother has been diagnosed with lupus. I heard it from my mom, so I don't have a whole lot of details, but I'll call him tonight. I'm worried, of course -- it sounds like a relatively serious, but fortunately not usually life-threatening, disease. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's going to be OK.

That's it from here -- not much going on.