And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Friday, April 23, 2004

Random Rantage...

Remind me to get the titles option fixed for this blog.

Can I just say that it's SO UNFAIR that my period has come back when Ian is still up to nurse two to three times a night (we're working on that this weekend) and comes up to me every couple of hours during the day to oh-so-delicately pound on my chest and/or point at my breasts and say, "nuh?" with his head cocked to the side? (His excited attempt at a nod -- which involves his whole torso -- when I ask him, "Do you want to nurse?" is quite entertaining.) I am at the point where I'm over breastfeeding for this go-round (incidentally, my last). I can't imagine that weaning at this point would be an easy process, though, so I'm probably not going to give it up very soon. Sigh. At least maybe the night weaning thing will help.

Speaking of which -- last night Dave and I had a big pow-wow about our strategy for night weaning before we went to bed last night. This after Ian screamed for an hour and 20 minutes the night before, while the air reverberated with frustration and resentment. He typically wakes up within minutes of us actually turning out the light and trying to fall asleep (how he knows, I have *no* idea) -- around 11:30-12:30, then again at around 3, then again at around 5-6. So what does he do when we actually have a plan? Sleeps through until 3:45. I swear, if he was *trying* to throw us off, he couldn't do a better job.

Let's see, what else? The guy from behind our house is once again parking on our property. I've decided to let it go for the three months we have left here, but I simmer every time I spot his SUV out our bathroom window.

Please tell me that 5-year-old phases don't last for very long. I swear, if I hear one more "IT'S NOT FAIR!!" screamed at me because I am *making* this child wear brand-new, very nice clothes that *she* said she wanted, there may be one less very bright 5-year-old in the world.

OTOH, I'll insert a brag in with the rants -- we picked up the next "You Read to Me, I'll Read to You" book (against her wishes -- grr), and she did really well reading it. I highly recommend those books to slightly more than beginning readers -- they're cute and fun to read together (readers take turns reading, alternating every few lines, which are set in different colors).

And Tori, in answer to your question, the bunny was obviously not trying to get to the other side (since he didn't succeed), but was instead setting out to prove that the world is a very cruel and ironic place. Poor bunny. May he rest in peace.