And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Live, from the Morgan Household

Actual dinnertime conversation at our house:

Ian, pretending to be Darth Vader, is wandering around the kitchen (this -- both the pretending and the wandering -- is typical). He "slips," and falls down on the ground.

Ian: Darth Vader fell down on the Dark Path!

Katie: There's no Dark Path. What are you talking about?

Ian: Yes dere is. Yoda says dere's a Dark Path.

Katie: Mommy, is there a Dark Path?

Me: Well, yes, there is, but it's metaphorical.

Katie: What is meta-...meta-?

Me: [Offers some kind of random explanation of a metaphor involving getting on my nerves -- subtlety is not my strong suit.]

Katie: Whatever. I can't understand what Yoda says in that movie [Return of the Jedi] anyway.

Me: Why, because he's 900 years old?

Katie: He's not that old in real life!

Me: What?

Katie: You know, in real life, he's not that old.

Me: Katie, he's a puppet. Yoda is a puppet. You know that, right?

Katie: Really?

Ian: I always fought he was a person in a costume.

And we just saw the Muppet displays at the Smithsonian, too!!

[Approximately 24 hours before my status as temporary single parent is relieved. Thank God.]

2 comment(s):

Gee, you're really making me homesick.

NOT!!!

By Blogger dr. dave, at 9:25 PM  

Your kids just CRACK ME UP. I was wondering where The Dark Path is...Now I know! It's in your kitchen!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6748772&postID=115041789503524375;> Post a comment

<< Home