And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

From the Home of the Malaprop-Morgans

(Yikes! Has it really been a month since I've posted? Real life getting in the way, I guess.)

Two misspoken incidents today to report:

1) Katie was reading a new book, Clarice Bean Spells Trouble (by Lauren Child, author of the Charlie and Lola books -- this book has a waiting list at our house, and I get it next. Clarice Bean is hysterical). She brought it with her to read in the car, and as she was buckling her seatbelt, she said to me, "You know, I'm on Chapter 15, almost at the end, and Clarice hasn't spelled 'trouble' yet."

2) It's so hot, I gathered up the kids and went shopping to spend money in the air-conditioned comfort of Target (we have no central A/C). We were walking through the outdoor/gardening section, and Ian sniffed ostentatiously. "It smells yike fwowers," he observed. "Actually," I said, "what you smell is fertilizer." "Oh." Cut to a few minutes later. "I fink we need to buy some more." "Some more what, buddy?" "Some more turtle-izer." I'm not sure what it is he thinks those chemicals will do to the grass!

1 comment(s):

Wow, I bet Ian would love to see a lawn full of turtles.... :)

Nice to see a post from you! We miss you when you're not around! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6748772&postID=114904544673146279;> Post a comment

<< Home