And Then I Stepped in Gum . . .

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

And One More Thing . . . or Maybe Two

I forgot to say in my previous post that it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the Democrats could have fielded a candidate that people were truly excited about, not just one whose primary attraction was that he wasn't Bush. I guess whoever said that any person who wanted that job would be someone we wouldn't want in it might have been right.

And I'm also really, really hoping that Bush doesn't take this win as a sign that he made the right move with this "War on Terror"/invasion of Iraq -- that he doesn't see re-election as a reward for such behavior. I'll just have to hope that he sees the division in the voting public as a wake-up call that maybe he's not as right as he thinks he is. But I have to say, I'm not holding my breath.

2 comment(s):

I was thinking the same thing today. Back when Kerry emerged as the chosen candidate, I can remember feeling a bit let down. I was hoping for a stronger candidate, somebody more charismatic. Someone strong enough to really grab all those people who ended up saying they felt as if they were forced to choose the lesser of two evils.

Linda B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

That's a good one. Because Bush certainly didn't act like he had a "mandate" from the people after LOSING the popular vote 4 years ago!

Sorry, honey... but as they say on the Weather Channel - it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

D.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 PM  

location.href=https://draft.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6748772&postID=109951039230968773;> Post a comment

<< Home